I can already tell that I will enjoy Think Progress. I spent much too much time last night laughing at the things the gentlefolk of the right wing say and do. There are four or five different bloggers who write for Think Progress, most of them are associated with the Center for American Progress. Between them, they share degrees from Maryland to Harvard to King's College in London. The authors have worked for CNN, The Drudge Report, and many other reputable news sources to build credibility with readers for their blog. They write for a left wing audience. Their work leans strongly towards a liberal view point; these aren't posts written to change the opinions of the opposite side but rather confirm and strengthen the views of the left. Instead of just writing their own opinions, they back up their posts with direct quotes and many video clips The video clips are a strong point of the website; the reader can see that the quotes (often pegged towards Sean Hannity..) and stories are legitimate news. To clear up the goal of the website, there is a section on the side of the page that lists things Think Progress stands for (social and economic justice, media accountability, healthy communities..) and things they are against (public corruption, radical right wing agendas..). They also have a section mapping the progress of these goals, allowing the readers to understand what has been done and what will be done in the future.
Ever since our first blog, I have started to check out The Atlantic a few times a week. I enjoy the way Sullivan writes; it is never dull and occasionally humorous. As an author of a political blog, he is not terribly tied to any one party and thus, his posts are as interesting as his conglomeration of political views. Writing for a well known periodical, such as The Atlantic, gives him almost instant credibility and a slew of readers. His audience is varied, from supporters of gay rights to the economically conservative, his views have room for everyone. I am interested to see how his thoughts will play out in comparison to the unabashedly left Think Progress.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment